WORLD RECORDS ESTABLISHED BY AND AMAZING FACTS ABOUT THE REVEREND SUN MYUNG MOON
1. Presided over the largest marriage ceremony in history according to the Guiness Book of World Records.
Reverend Moon has presided over group weddings since 1960 beginning with 36 couples. The largest wedding to date was a wedding of 40,000 couples in Seoul's Olympic Stadium.
2. Founded the only religion to spread to the all the countries of the world in the lifetime of its Founder. The Unification Movement has members and an active presence in 192 countries.
3. More published volumes of sermons than any other religious leader.
There are 450 volumes of Reverend Moon's sermons. Reverend Moon gives sermons and guidance usually several hours long on a daily basis. Incredibly he does not speak from notes and does not repeat himself.
4. More published volumes of prayers than any other religious leader.
There are twelve published volumes of Reverend Moon's prayers entitled: Prayers - A Lifetime of Conversation with Our Heavenly Father
5. Sponsored more conferences on world peace than anyone in history.
6. Sponsored more interreligious conferences than anyone in history.
7. Sponsored and founded more activities for the peaceful defeat of Communism than any other person.This includes worldwide and regional organizations in Asia, Europe, the United States and Latin America, educational seminars, massive rallies and numerous publications including newspapers and books for the sole purpose of the peaceful defeat of communism.
8. Only religious leader to found a major daily newspaper in the United States. The Washington Times is the number two daily newspaper in United States capital, Washington D.C. Reverend Moon has also founded daily newspapers in Korea and Japan.
9. Reverend Moon once gave a sermon 16 hours long with no break. This is most likely a world record.